Monday, September 3, 2012

On the QueryTracker Blog: Those Bad, Bad Boys

I've always been a fool for the bad boys.

Junior high was a total mess...and, as I grew, things didn't get much better. That's because, instead of tough guys with cigarettes, I discovered an entire new realm of bad boys: the villains of fantasy fiction.

I like my villains the same way I like my algorithms: complex. I want to know everything about them--and not just what the plot demands. I want to see their supressed feelings, their moments of hesitation, their flaws.

Show me everything and I'll read that book straight through because I won't be able to put it down.

QueryTracker Blog: Villains: The Guys You Love To Hate:
You might think I should be the last person to write about creating your book's villain…because sometimes, I root for the bad guy.

However, that's the precise reason I'm writing on this topic.

Before you assume I'm a bad guy myself, let me explain...

Read more of Villains: The Guys You Love To Hate over at the Query Tracker Blog.

2 comments:

  1. Ah yes, the bad boys. How attractive they can be. :D It's why Spike was usually more fun than Angel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spike was DEFINITELY more fun than Angel. He had a certain joie d'vivre...em, what's the right word? Joie d'mort? Joie d'un-vivre? lol

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!